More Swelling on One Side Post Rhinoplasty?

I am 17 days post closed rhinoplasty. I had a bump on the bridge straightened the nose shortened and the tip reduced. following surgery I noticed more bruising on my right side and currently I have a bigger tip on the right as well as a larger nostril. Is this simply swelling that will subside or will I continue to have a noticeably larger right side?

Asymmetrical Results After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Shireen,

It is too early to assess the results of your surgery as it usually takes about 12 months for final results to be established after rhinoplasty.

Also, it is common that swelling subsides at a different pace from different areas of the nose and perhaps this is the main reason behind what you have noticed.

However, I recommend that you consult with your surgeon for a physical examination as he/she knows the full details of your surgery and can have a more solid diagnosis for you.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Asymmetry 17 days after rhinoplasty

+1

Good chance is that this is just an asymmetric swelling which then should resolve with time. More bruising on the right side also supports it. in any case, at this point of time your best bet is to be patient and let the nose fully heal. If a significant asymmetry persists 3 months post-surgery, then you may start having some concerns.

Uneven swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

When performing a closed rhinoplasty, it is the right side of the nose that it is used for gaining access to the bridge. Chances are you are more swollen on the right, because of that. As the swelling decreases the nose should even out. Depending on what maneuvers were done for the tip, the swelling should even out as well.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon