Why Do I Have More Swelling Underneath One Incision then the Other?

I got 500 cc silicone breast implants 2 and a half weeks ago . I was healing very well And feeling good after about a week . When I went back for a check he said I had swelling underneath the left incision but didn't seem worried. Now I see it more and more and have more pain and tenderness on that side . I go back tomorrow but what could be causing it ?

Swelling underneath one breast after breast augmentation requires examination and diagnosis

+1

Thank you for your question. If photograph would help. Swelling that is below the inframammary crease or the fold beneath your breast on one side may be perfectly normal but could indicate that the implant is sitting low on that side a condition that can be called the double bubble. Be sure to ask your plastic surgeon if what you're experiencing is normal and simply swelling from the surgery.

Unilateral tenderness

+1
One side can swell more then the other based on intraoperstive bleeding, difficulty in the dissection, etc. However, if you have a marked difference, redness, fever, formation of a pool of fluid under the skin, etc, you could e forming a seroma or hematoma. See you plastic surgeon in followup.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Swelling after surgery

+1

Without seeing before and after pictures or seeing you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  However, if you have unilateral (one-sided) changes, then you may have a seroma (water collection), hematoma (blood collection), infection or even just swelling.  While all of these are rare occurrences after surgery, they can happen and your surgeon should be able to make a differential diagnosis and prescribe treatment accordingly.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Hello

+1
Without a physical examination it is very hard to diagnose and treat. Follow up with your PS,he would be the best person to take care of your situation.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS