More Spider Veins from Candela Vbeam Laser Vein Treatment?

I've noticed that more spider veins have appeared on the treated areas after the first session. I'm still due for a second round, though, after the areas have healed. Is this laser treatment for spider veins actually causing more to appear on the treated areas?

Sclerotherapy or Laser Vein Therapy

+2
I would disagree that sclerotherapy is the "gold standard" for the treatment of spider veins. We use a combination of sclerotherapy to treat feeder veins and lasers for residual spider veins that are still therapy following this type of treatment. There is no "best" treatment for this complex set of vein problems - feeder veins, reticular veins and telangiectasias (or spider veins).

Buffalo General Surgeon