More Restylane Needed for Indentation on Nose?

I recently posted a question as was having Restylane Vital Light on an indentation on my nose as a result of laser treatment. I have had my treatment but my physician went with the normal Restylane. For the first 2 days it looked better, but then went back to how it was. I am going for further treatment in a week. It is just a case of more needs to be used? Also, prior to this treatment and after the laser, the area has gone quite dark. Will a cream lighten this? Thank you.

Restylane for Indentation of Nose

+2

Hi Lilly,

You can have a little more Restylane. Best to ask your treating physician about the darkness of the area and whether cream will be effective.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Restylane for nose indentation

+1

Restylane or Perlane are both very nice fillers for correcting nasal depressions or any other contour deformities of the nose or skin in general. Best to speak to a highly trained injector since injecting the nose is more challenging and requires real expertise. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Nasal indentation and filler

+1

A filler such as restylane can be very useful to improve a nasal depression that causes a contour deformity.

Restylane is a great filler for nasal defect correction

+1

Using dermal fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm for non-surgical rhinoplasty is a great option for many patients who need minor corrections to his or her nose especially for small indentations or in areas where more volume is desired.  Obviously, it is not right for everyone but for those who are good candidates and want to avoid surgery, it is a great option.  

It sounds like you just needed a little more volume injected.  

I hope I was helpful.

Steven E. Rasmussen, MD, FAAD
Austin Dermatologist

More Juvederm sounds right for nose indentation

+1

Lilly

Treatment with HA fillers is not an exact science. It is impossible to predict exactly how someone will settle after a treatment. Under fill is probably better than overfill. However, other injectors may have a different opinion regarding this. If the area on the nose was a little dark before treatment, it would be interesting to know if this was the result of a tissue contour concavity in which case, the hollow may not have been caused by the laser treatment. A skin bleacher has a relatively modest effect but unless you develop a sensitivity, there is generally no harm to trying. I prefer Triluma but some doctors have their own versions of these products.