More Restylane or Something Else? (photo)

I have gotten 2 restylane treatments to my eye area. One last July, and one this January. I don't know if getting another will help that much. It seems like there's that strip bulging out under the eye that really makes the area exacerbated besides the general purple/darkness. The restylane improved the look overall, but I expected it to make the eye area blend in with the face more than it has. What do you suggest? Thx.

More Restylane or Something Else?

+1

It is possible that more Restylane or hyaluronidase or a combination of both to different areas may improve the appearance, but these subtleties need to be evaluated in person.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Darkening and fullness under the eyes

+1

Depending upon how  much Restylane you had injected, it looks to me as though you could use a little more in the tear trough area.  I would also suggest considering Radiesse laterally toward the outside of the eye socket too, as that will fill in the entire orbital rim and reverse a lot of the overall hollow look that you have now.  I would also suggest that you consult with someone who is skilled in the use of microcannulas to do these injections as this area is very unforgiving.  Some dark circles are pigment from the muscle showing through the thin skin, and although addressing the shadowing component helps, there still may be the effect of the pigment even if the contours are improved.  Good luck.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Restylane to tear troughs

+1

I would encourage another treatment and to correction.  Be sure you go to an experienced injector. 

Dr. Grant Stevens        Marina Plastic Surgery Associates          Marina del Rey, CA  

The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD

Consider Platelet rich plasma

+1

While additional hyaluronic acid products such as Restylane can provide additional filling of your lower eyelid contour issues, the more you put in the more likely you will have other issues arise. Added volume can become more puffy on days that you eat salty or MSG containing foods, you can have more of a blue appearance due to an optical phenomenon or it can migrate and make your contour worse.

Platelet rich plasma is from your own blood and can last as long or longer than restylane. 

Another permanent option is surgery, you can have your own fat repositioning to achieve the contour you desire.

Kimberly Cockerham, MD, FACS
Sacramento Oculoplastic Surgeon

Restylane to tear troughs

+1

I would suggest, based on your photo's, that you return for some molding/massage of those areas. You may be a candidate for more product and rather than treating just the tear trough, rounding out the upper cheek area could possibly provide a more harmonious affect.

Sam Naficy, MD