Should I get more radiesse and restylane 6 months before facial fat grafting?

Hello I had radiesse added to my cheeks, and restylane to my tear troughs, nasolabial folds and marionette lines 5 months ago. I am at the point where I need a touch up but am also seriously considering fat grafting in the summer. Should I go ahead and perhaps just get more restylane added so that most of it is gone in 7 months, or get radiesse too and not worry about it still being present in the summer. And will fat grafting be OK in the tear trough area? Thank you!

Facial injectables prior to fat grafting.

+1

I would not recommend injections of Radiesse, Restylane or any other injectables 2-3 months prior to fat transfer to face.  The fat will supply the ultimate foundation and volume for the treated area.  You may then add volume, if needed, after about six months.  A portion of the fat placed will be reabsorbed, but the fat that remains will stay for years. 

There is no contraindication for using Radiesse or Restylane prior to fat injections. If you are waiting seven months for fat placement, there is no reason why you shouldn't go through with the Radiesse and/or Restylane for touch up. 

Fat grafting in the tear trough area can be done.  I recommend you viewing before and after pictures of the surgeons work and confirming this is a procedure that is performed frequently.  Technique and skill is very important.

Great questions!

Dr. Mizuguchi