Is There Anything Else I Can Research Before I Go to See a Surgeon? (photo)

I am thinking I am going to need a full tummy tuck, and an inner thigh lift to correct, is there anything else that can be done that I can research before I go see a qualified surgeon? 

Finding the right surgeon for you

+1

I've posted the American Society of Plastic Surgeon's Do Your Work Campaign video for you.  This should help you select the right board certified PS for you.  Best wishes,

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Is there anything you can research before I go see a surgeon?

+1

I'm glad that you used the word "qualified" in your question.  This means that you are on the right track and that that you are likely already aware that the most important pre-consultation research that you can do is to make sure that you are seeing a board certified plastic surgeon.  Following this, it is always helpful to get recommendations from friends who have seen a particular plastic surgeon as this can give you good insight into how the entire experience may go.  

From your photos, I would speak to your plastic surgeon about the differences between a tummy tuck and a body lift (circumferential tummy tuck) and how these address the flank area. I would also encourage you to see post op photos of a medial thigh lift as this procedure can leave quite a visible scar.   Best of luck,

Allan Eckhaus, MD

Research Prior to Surgery

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.

Choosing a well experienced, well qualified plastic surgeon is key so starting your research at the American Board of Plastic Surgery Website is a good place to start.  Also, viewing the surgeon's work with before and after photos, reading reviews and/or speaking to other patients who have had these procedures is always helpful as well.

Best Wishes.

Research before surgery

+1

You have already started your research by going on line. Consider asking friends for referrals. Also research the physicians you choose. Read online reviews as well as check the Plasticsurgery.org website for board certified plastic surgeon.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck, inner thigh lift.

+1

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.  This provides a high level of screening from which to begin your search. 

Thank your for your question, best wishes.

Researching Plastic Surgeons

+1

The most important research you can perform is to make certain your surgeon is certified by the ABPS.  Search the ASPS and ASAPS websites whose members must be board certified.  You can also ask your physician and/or friends for their recommendations.

John Whitt, MD

Besides An Abdominoplasty And Medial Thigh Tuck, What Surgeries May I Need?

+1

I would agree with you that an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) would be an excellent procedure to improve your abdominal aesthetics.  A well done abdominoplasty also pulls up the mons pubis and, to some extent, the anterior inner thighs.  Therefore, your surgeon may recommend just liposuction of the inner thighs at the same time as an abdominoplasty, saving you both time and money. 

The loose skin on your abdomen is often mimicked by some degree of buttocks droop and some loose skin on the outer thighs.  This may mean that you may need a lower body lift or belt lipectomy.  The combination of an abdominoplasty plus outer thigh lift and buttocks lift gives you a circumferential lift which can completely reshape your abdomen, thighs and buttocks. 

If the posterior side of an abdominoplasty is not necessary, then at least liposuction of the hips (muffin tops) can give you a much better waistline along with an abdominoplasty. 

Obviously, a consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon will give you a realistic idea of the options to be researched. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

First find a Royal College of Physicians and Surgeon certified Plastic Surgeon, then look at their before and after photos

+1
Find a plastic surgeon who has passed their Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Plastic Surgery certification.  Then read some reviews (keep in mind that the occasional disgruntled patient accusing a surgeon of 'butchering' someone may not really be 'butchering') and then see the surgeon to see if you can trust the person, do they have the knowledge/experience to deliver the results you want (based on their before and after pics... you want to see more than 2 or 3 best pictures) and finally you want to see if you get along with the doctor, is he/she caring, friendly, and will he/she and their staff look after you after the surgery.
Martin Jugenburg
Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute

Martin Jugenburg, MD