More Lipo 6 Months Post TT? (photo)

Hi I had full Tt 6 months ago and my tummy was never truly flat... So now I am going for some more lipo in the next two weeks... My question is would it be too soon to have another surgery?

Liposuction after tummy tuck surgery Los Angeles

+1

I perform many tummy tuck revisions and feel that in your case you would do extremely well with contoured tummy tuck liposuction to contour the lower abdomen and flanks.  Good Luck. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Dissatisfied after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

No, it is not necessarily too soon to proceed with revisionary surgery. However, most important  will be making the correct diagnosis as to the cause of your concerns;  without this diagnosis is not possible to plan the correct operation.

For example,  if abdominal wall muscle laxity remains an issue, tightening of the abdominal wall muscles will be necessary to improve the abdominal wall contour. On the other hand, if the major concern is residual skin and/or adipose tissue then liposuction and/or skin excision may be necessary to achieve your goals.

Make sure that you communicate your concerns carefully with your plastic surgeon and have the appropriate operation performed.

More Lipo 6 Months Post TT?

+1

That is a great question. But best to be determined only in an in person evaluation. I have done lips after 6 months from a full TT. But the tissue needs to be soft and not inflamed. Seek IN PERSON opinions. 

Lipo 6 Months Post TT?

+1

Six months is not too soon, provided that liposuction is the correct operation for you. If the bulge is from incomplete tightening of the rectus muscles, lipo would not be the right procedure. If the problem is intraabdominal fat excess, weight loss would be the only solution. 

It would be useful to know height and weight, and to see photos from before surgery before making a specific recommendation. All the best. 

Lipo 6 months after TT- too soon?

+1

You appear to have a rather thick fat pad over your abdominal area.  I wonder what your pre-op pics look like and what your pre and current bmi's are.  These pieces of information would be critical for me to determine my opinion if further surgery would be beneficial to you, and what your expectations should be.

Only an exam, and possibly labs can tell if you are ready for more surgery. Extensive lipo may result in significant blood loss, so you must not be anemic to start with.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Lipo after Tummy Tuck

+1

It is not too soon to have lipo after the tummy tuck.  I would ask your surgeon if they performed a muscle plication during your tummy tuck.  If not, that may be contributing to the roundness you are experiencing.  However, sometimes, lipo after tummy tuck can make your belly even flatter.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD