What is More Likely to Get Infected Medpor or Silicone?

what has a high infection rate? is silicone more safe in terms of cheek and jaw implants?

Medpor or silicone infection for nose

+1

I think that medpor has a higher rate of infection probably because of the texture of the implant may make it more prone.

+1

Medpor, in my experience, is much more likely to become infected. This is especially the case with regard to nasal implants. Silastic cheek and chin implants are very well tolerated with a low risk of infection. Further, if you were to have concerns about the shape or position of the implants and it needed to be removed or repositioned, this is straight-forward with Silastic. Medpor implants tend to be a challenge to remove or reposition due to tissue ingrowth into the material. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon