Will I be able to get more fuller lifted breasts with augmentation alone or will I require a lift? (photo)

I have a consult on 1/31/13 or a mommy makeover. I have seen varied techniques for breast lift. Would an anchor lift be best? My breasts are small and I just wanted some professional opinions prior to my consultation.

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

+1
To achieve fuller lifted breasts will require a simultaneous lift. There is a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. At the same time, an implant can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it. I never recommend the anchor shaped incision because of the ugly vertical scars, nipple numbness and the inability to breast feed. I personally have not used this technique in over 20 years.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

BBA

+1
You need to be examined in person to determine your best options.  Your arms are raised in the posted photos and this makes it impossible to make a suggestion as your breasts are distorted by this positioning.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Implant alone or implants needed?

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

It's difficult to say from your pictures, particularly because they were taken with your arms up in the air. It appears as though some degree of lift may be necessary along with augmentation. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.

Best of luck to you

David Cangello, MD

Augment alone or lift?

+1
Based on the limited photos, it looks like you are going to need a lift. It will improve your nipple position and make the areolas smaller, and center the nipples on the implants.

Frederick G. Weniger, MD, FACS
Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon

Breast

+1
Thank you for the picture.

I do believe that by placing an implant it will raise your breast to make them fuller. I suggest a high profile gel implant, 350-375 cc.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift needed?

+1
It is difficult to say if a lift is required based on the photos.  In general, if the nipples sit below the level of the inframammary crease when your arms are at your sides, you will probably need a lift.  If the nipples are above this level, a breast augmentation alone might suffice.  Your Plastic Surgeon should be able to advise you.

Janet Turkle, MD

Is a lift needed?

+1

It is very diffiuclt to make a comment based on your photos that you based alone.  Your surgeon will take measurements of your chest wall, assess your breast shape and nipple position, and the quality of your breast skin to determine if a lift of any sort is required.  Hopefully a dual plane breast augmentation is all that will be needed.  Please see a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Do I need a lift laone or an Aumgentation and lift?

+1
Very difficult to tell with current pics and without your input on size. I suggest you visit with a few BC PS as they will all have a different approach, go with who you feel most confortable.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation alone or will I require a lift?

+1
Every surgeon has his techniques and will tell you the best options to get your wish results, you surely need a lift with your implants in order to have a perkier look, an in person consult will solve all your doubts, Good luck!

Australia Fragoso Baez, MD