How Soon Can a Little More Fat Be Added After Transfer?

I had fat transfer about 3 weeks ago and it seems to be diminishing rapidly. How soon can more fat be added?

How soon repeat transfer?

I wait about 3 to 6 months depending on the area. Your initial disappointment may just be the swelling associated with the surgry and not the fat

When to have additional fat placed after fat transfer?

Most of the changes you're seeing now are related tot he resolving tissue swelling. In my hands the healing process after fat transfer occurs over the course of 12-18 months. The fat will actually "blossom" after the 6 month mark so you don't want to add more fat too soon.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Adding The Fat

Typically, I wait at least 3 months before deciding if additional contouring by adding fat would be necessary.  

Dr. ES