How Soon Can a Little More Fat Be Added After Transfer?

I had fat transfer about 3 weeks ago and it seems to be diminishing rapidly. How soon can more fat be added?

How soon repeat transfer?

+1

I wait about 3 to 6 months depending on the area. Your initial disappointment may just be the swelling associated with the surgry and not the fat

When to have additional fat placed after fat transfer?

+1

Most of the changes you're seeing now are related tot he resolving tissue swelling. In my hands the healing process after fat transfer occurs over the course of 12-18 months. The fat will actually "blossom" after the 6 month mark so you don't want to add more fat too soon.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Adding The Fat

+1

Typically, I wait at least 3 months before deciding if additional contouring by adding fat would be necessary.  

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS