How much more can I expect my implants to drop and project? (Photo)

I am over a month post-op and they seem very high still. I'm guessing that this is normal. I have 325cc & 350cc Natrelle 20 High profile implants. Can I expect them to drop down quite a bit more in the next few months? They won't stay up high like this because they are high profile, right? I am hoping to achieve a full C from a 32 A

Re: How much more can I expect my implants to drop and project?

+1

I agree with your concern, as demonstrated in the side view image you provided.

In my practice, we discuss the settling phenomenon in the pre-surgery meetings, thus educating the patient in the importance of massage and patience.  This also helps in the patient knowing what to expect in the initial post-operative period. 

After surgery we focus on specific massage and range of motion exercises that help assure a soft and symmetrical result. An upper chest bandeaux is often used during the initial few weeks.

The majority of the settling usually takes about two to three months in my experience.

It appears from your picture that you are about where one would be at three to four weeks.

I hope this helped.

Thank you,

S.P. Maggi, MD, FACS
Austin Plastic Surgery Center

+1
Everyone is different when it comes to healing time, but typically it can take anywhere from 3-6 months for your implants to settle so, I know it's hard but try to be patient.  Continue following your surgeon's post-op instructions and perhaps you can ask your surgeon about massaging and/or wearing a breast band to help your implants drop a little quicker.  Best of luck.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

How long does it take for implants to drop?

+1
High profile implants certainly have specific "look" to them, but that is not the cause of your breast shape. As you have correctly stated, your implants are too high right now and this is normal at 1 month post-op. You will likely see a lot of change over the next 2-3 months.  It is best to review this with your PS; but, usually patience is all you need at the moment. 

Bradley A. Hubbard, MD

How much more can I expect my implants to drop and project?

+1
If this was 3 months post op I would have grave concerns for not enough inferior dissection. But still early. Best to follow up with your surgeon... 

Implants too high after breast augmentation

+1
In most cases, implants take 3-6 months to "drop and fluff" after augmentation surgery.  Some surgeons believe in massage treatments, others use bandeau bras to push the implants down constantly, and yet others note that with time alone the weight of the implants will do the trick without any other intervention.

Reza Momeni, MD
Summit Plastic Surgeon

High implants

+1
Thank you for your picture. Your implants are very high. They will settle over the next several months. The muscle has contracted around them a bit and displaced them upward.  The muscle will soften and loosen. You result will be much better to do three months from now.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast implants high 1 month after breast augmentation

+1
Thank you for your question.  I have seen your photos previously and share your disappointment that little progress has been made in the dropping of the implants.

However over the next 3 months I would expect of the implants would descend more into a more natural position.

In my practice in this situation I would be having you where pole wrap and doing vigorous breast implant displacement exercises to encourage the implants to drop.

If after 6 months the implants are still high then a simple revision to the pocket should solve the problem.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS