VASER Vs SmartLipo- Which Is More Effective in Preventing the Area from Accumm. Fat Again?

Which More Effective in Preventing the Area from Accumm. Fat Again - VASER Vs SmartLipo  post procedure - if neither works for this, is there any treatment that actually "freezes" the targeted area to not grow fat cells. Thank you!

Vaser vs Smart lipo and Fat accumulation

+1

Please understand that any Liposuction (any device)  reduces the number of fat cells but during times of weight gain each fat cell can grow to twice or even 3 times its size. Also any liposuction result is based on your starting skin quality.There is a lot of marketing hype but in the end it comes down to choosing the procedure that gets the results you desire. Consider traditional Liposuction and discuss the pro and con with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Vaser or smartlipo

+1

I think that any form of liposucton can achieve the sepcified goal. It is not the machine but usually the quality of the surgeon.  As for re-accumulation, it will not if you do not gain weight.

SmartLipo and VASER Liposuction

+1

SmartLipo and VASER are very effective in removing fat. However, the ultimate determinant of how much fat that is remove and your results are the skills of the Plastic surgeon. SmartLipo and VASER only assist the surgeon in doing the work. Plastic surgeons who are skilled and experienced in either technique will always deliver a superior results. The best way to make sure you obtain a great result is to select a board certified Plastic surgeon. Make sure it says Plastic surgery not just "cosmetic surgery". There is a big difference. Do your home work!

Stanley Okoro, MD

Regrowing fat cells

+1

Regardless of the technique or technology used in lipoplasty, remaining fat cells can expand significantly with weight gain. Although the conventional wisdom is that the fat cells are removed permenantly with liposuction (which is true) it is also a fact that fat contain approximately 20% somatic stem cells which are pluripotent and can develop into any type of cells including lipocytes or fat cells. Ultimately, there is no short cut to healthy living and maintaining the lipoplasty results with maintaining your weght and avoiding fluctuations. Healthy appearance does not exisit in the exclusion of a healthy lifestyle.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

VASER Vs SmartLipo - Which is more effective in preventing the area from accumulating fat again?

+1

I use both, the latest SmartLipo TriPlex technology and the VASER and both do a great job in removing fat. Once removed, the fat cells don't "grow back," they are gone forever. If you eat too much, the remaining fat cells, all over your body, will simply expand in size. The technology used to remove the fat doesn't matter in this case. The one difference between the two technologies is one of appearance only and that is that the SmartLipo TriPlex is the best technology for shrinking skin during the process of fat removal. Anyone over 40 who is having fat removed will have skin that will benefit from shrinkage during the procedure. With the tighter skin, it may appear that even if you gain a little weight, you will appear "tighter."

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

+1

I use both in my private practice. I lean toward the Smart Lipo TRIPLEX unit over the VASER. Better control. Lees complications in my hands