Is it more cost effective to raise my nasal bridge and reduce the tip separately or in the same operation?

The problem I have with my face is that the bridge of my nose meets the root at a strange angle and as a consequence makes my nose look bigger and pointier than it is and exaggerates my brow. I also want to get the tip reduced slightly. I want to have a straight Greek type nose as I feel that would fit best with my profile and my other facial features. Thanks, Mike 20

+1
Do them at the same time.  Tip refinement and bridge elevation can be done in closed fashion so that you do not have any visible scars.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

One or two rhioplasty surgeries?

+1
It is hard for me to imagine a situation where for routine cosmetic aspirations it would make sense to have two surgeries instead of one.  With that said there are some situations where one might expect a minor revision to be required to achieve an optimal result.  This is true for example for complex cleft rhinoplasties.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

tip platy and rhinoplasty

+1
It does not make any sense to undergo 2 operations on the nose. It's best to undergo one procedure on the nose, and do it  right first time  and have one anesthetic and one recovery period. For many examples of rhinoplasty in our practice, please see  the link below

Raising Nasal Bridge and Reducing Tip

+1
Not only is it cost effective to do both procedures at the same time, a much more aesthetically pleasing balanced result will be achieved if the entire nose is done during the same operation.. You want a natural proportional result.

Best Rhinoplasty Combines Bridge Work and Tip Work in Same Operation

+1
Hi Mike,

It would be best to have your tip and bridge operated upon at the same time.  Choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Nasal tip and radix

+1
Commonly the two are done in the same operative setting. Fixing the tip and the radix area are treated at the same time.

Nose

+1
It appears from the answers that have already been placed that the best choice for you is to have all cosmetic refinements done on your nose in one sitting so find a PS in your area who will fullfill your desires. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the tip and bridge.

+1
These r usually done together. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon whose work shows he does natural noses--not noses that look done. 

Raise the nasal bridge and reduce the tip separately or in the same operation?

+1
It usually makes sense to perform all of the nasal cosmetic improvements that concern you in one stage. It is more cost effective.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Raising your nasal bridge and reducing the tip

+1
Raising your nasal bridge and reducing the tip are both possible in the same operation. I would see a surgeon who has experience with male rhinoplasty. A strong and straight male nose is achievable.

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon