Is Having More Congestion Normal 3 Weeks Post Op of Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty?

I had my rhino & septoplasty 3 weeks ago, I had a real bad diviation that I was only able to breathe from my right nostril, after surgery; my left nostril was amazing, I was breathin like never before but my right nostril was really clogged, 3 weeks post op, I bumped my nose while getting dressed, nothing serious said my doc, however, since then my left nostril is really congested and my right one got worse, is this normal? Am I ever gonna breathe normally again? This is really frustrating.

Nasal Congestion 3 Weeks after Septorhinoplasty

+2

It is normal to have nasal congestion for several weeks after a septorhinoplasty. Unfortunately, the cause of your present congestion cannot be diagnosed in this forum. I suggest that you consult with your surgeon who will be happy to evaluate you.

Congestion after septorhinoplasty

+2

It is normal to feel congested after this surgery. This may take up 6 weeks to fully resolve. Ask your surgeon about the possibility of using saline spray to help with this. 

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon