Should I be more concerned about my symptoms, do I have a more serious hematoma, than my PS thinks? (photo)

2 days since my BA. Started with 34a/aa, had 350cc silicon Mentor implants under muscle hp. Immediately after noticed left side was more swollen and sore than the right, and was already bruised. I saw him today (which is 2.5 hrs away), because the swelling and bruising is worse. He indicated it was a small hematoma just outside the armpit, he wrapped me and I have to go back in two days. Left side is extremely painful with that burning pain and to even touch. Should I be more concerned?

+1
Without a thorough physical examination this is hard to tell.  If your breast is soft and relatively symmetric with the contralateral side it is likely not a hematoma around the implant.  Placing a heating pad on the area may help break down the clot. Time is your best friend at this point.  Good luck. 

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Hematoma in Left breast?

+1
I am just able to see your right breast and compare it with your left breast in one of your photos. Although a clinical examination would be necessary, the photos suggest that you do have a hematoma. Your PS has also said you have a hematoma, and your symptoms of extreme pain and tenderness to touch strongly suggest a hematoma, as it is highly unusual to be in this degree of pain 2 days postop, especially as your right breast is not experiencing the same symptoms and importantly, does not appear to have the same degree of swelling in your photo. I personally would re-explore this breast surgically, as soon as possible.

Roy Ng, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Examination for hematoma is best.

+1
Many thanks for your pictures. I understand your concern and it was wise to see your plastic surgeon early on especially with the changes present. It is difficult however to make a judgment based solely on photographs and so it is still most important for you to continue following up with your doctor even though he is far away. You will have to rely on his examination and expertise for treatment. Best of luck to you. Always seek the advice of a board-certified plastic surgeon and if there is any change seek the advice in a second opinion.

Henry Mentz, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hematoma?

+1
It looks like bruising to me which is different from a hematoma. The breast itself appears normal for 48 hours post op. I would let your surgeon examine you though as your photos cannot replace a physical exam.

Lee E. Corbett, MD

Hematoma After Breast Aug

+1
Thanks for your pictures.  You do have more bruising than usual but only  a clinical exam can determine if you have a hematoma and the extent of its involvement.  Continue to follow your PS's advice.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Should I be more concerned about my symptoms, do I have a more serious hematoma, than

+1
Based upon the poorly viewed posted photo appears as an untreated hematoma in need of surgical drainage..