How many more cc's for revision? (photo)

I have 286cc (picture attached) but want the look of the other set of pictures that are attached. How many more cc's would I need to get a similar look?

Implants Are Bottomed Out, Revision Will Give More Cleavage

+3

Thank you for your question.I agree with other surgeons that you need a consultation in person with proper measurements of your breast and chest anatomy.

When I compare your current photo to the photo of your desired breast shape the main difference I see other than the fact that the desired picture is wearing a bra, is that you lack the cleavage and fullness above the nipple that is apparent in the patient wearing a bra.

From your photos it appears that your breast implants have "bottomed out" which means that much of the volume of your breast implants is below the level of your nipple areola. The result is that you do not have fullness above your nipple and in the cleavage region.

Of course you need to consult with a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is very experienced in breast cosmetic surgery and has an excellent reputation in your local area.

That said I would recommend that you discuss with the surgeon of your choice whether a revision to reduce the size of your breast implant pocket by reestablishing your inframammary crease at a higher level on your rib periosteum would elevate your breast implants to give you more fullness above the nipple areola and improve your cleavage. The surgeon you choose will be able to advise you on the proper size to achieve this fullness, as new implants will be required.

Best Breast Implant for My Revisionary Breast Operation?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. Despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with meaningful specific advice. Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Increasing breast implant size - Santa Monica

+2

Great question. I would bring you in for a biometric breast measurement and decide on the right size for your upgrade. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Breast implant revision

+2
So hard to answer your question - to be honest - your breasts look larger than the desired photo. It is impossible to try and match a particular photo as everyone's chest wall dimensions are different as are the amount of breast tissue that they start with. Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Larger implants will not solve your problem

+1
Your implants are too large, have displaced inferiorly and laterally and your nipples are pointing outward. Rather than larger implants, your breasts must be plicated more medial, higher and the breast pocket dissected medially. You have poor upper pole fullness and inadequate cleavage. This can only be corrected by simultaneously lifting the breasts. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

How many more cc's for revision?

+1

That is difficult to compare given the clothing.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast augmentation revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA