Will Ultimate Breast Lift Work in my Case? (photo)

Getting breast implants Removal in about 1 month due to recurrent Capsular Contracture on the right breast. Breast augmentation was done in 2004 ( cohesive gel on top of muscle). Before I use to have full 32 B. After augmentation have 32 D. Guess, will need a breast lift in 6 mhs:((( Want to have as less scarring as possible !!! I wonder if " Ultimate " OR "Donut " lifting will work for me ?????

Breast Lift

+2

Although it is quite likely that you may decide to opt for a lift, I would suggest just having the implants out as a first stage is best. Then wait three months or so to see how much skin shrinkage occurs.

You may be fortunate and need nothing else done. You may need a lift but with fewer incisions than you might need if the lift were done at the same time.

Even if you were to decide to do the lift at the same time to get it all done at once, the tissues are so distorted that what seems like a perfectly good lift at the time might wind up unsatisfactory and the breast tissue heals, and another major lift might become necessary.

Thanks, all the best. 

Will Ultimate Breast Lift Work in my Case?

+1

I am sorry you are having so many difficulties after your breast augmentation. Typically, breast capsular contracture is rare. Furthermore, the need for revision is not the typical course  for "routine" breast augmentation. I would suggest breast implant capsulectomy and changing the location of your breast implant.  If your breast implants are currently on top of the muscle, I would suggest placing your new breast implants underneath the muscle. Upon examination of just your pictures and not truly a physical examination, I would suggest you undergo a full mastopexy; this would include a 360° incision around the nipple areolar complex, a vertical incision down the front of the breast, and an incision underneath the breast. Some call this an inverted T mastopexy or anchor breast lift. Others plastic surgeons call it an inferior pedicle technique or some also call it a Wise pattern mastopexy. As always before you do anything, check with your board-certified plastic surgery.   However, I believe breast implant massage is important postoperatively to minimize the chances of breast implants capsular contracture. Typically, I begin breast implant massage 2 to 3 weeks after breast augmentation surgery.

Web reference: http://breastcapsulectomy.com/

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift after implant removal

+1

I've had equally beautiful results with a staged lift and implant removal with lift simultaneously. The benefit of the Mini UBL technique is that breast tissue can be repositioned in 4 different planes. This allows for maximum lift in a single stage. Another advantage to the Mini UBL is that you will only require an incision around the areola. No inframammary incision needed. The Mini UBL is not a Benelli. The Benelli lift is very limited in what we can do for someone with your dimensions. The same strapping technique used in the full Ultimate Breast Lift is used in the Mini UBL. Will be posting new before and after pics of implant removal with MUBL .

Hope this helps,

Dr. H

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift after Implant Removal

+1

A breast lift can be performed directly after breast implant removal or a waiting period can be observed.  If you want the smallest scar possible, it is probably reasonable to wait.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

Possible breast lift after implant removal

+1

The chance that you would not benefit from a breast lift after removal of your implants appears to be high but without a physical exam it is difficult to give an absolute answer. I'm not sure what an "ultimate" breast lift refers to but I believe you will most likely benefit from a lift leaving a scar around the areola and down the lower middle of the breast. Allowing time after implant removal may allow some tissue contraction and lessen the need for breast lift. There are also alternatives possibly available for a recurrent capsular contracture such as a site change with or without an acellular dermal matrix such as Strattice but these should only be entertained if you still wanted to have breast implants. I hope this helps.

Dr Edwards

Web reference: http://www.medwardsmd.com/plasticsurgery_questions1.html

Is a breast lift necessary after removal of my breast implants?

+1

It is a great idea to remove the breast implants first and wait several months. Your skin could retract a great deal and you might need a lift with less scaring. If you do it immediately there could be more scars.

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

If you have your implants removed, you may need a lift, but if your breasts are very small you may want to wait to have the lift until the breasts have settled down from the implant removal.

Breast Lift

+1

It's hard to say 100% but it looks like you'll need a more formal breast lift with, most likely, an anchor-shaped incision and scar.  I think you'll have too much extra skin for one of the other methods...sorry...

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com