Uneven Cheeks After Lipofilling? (photo)

I have had lipofilling to my cheeks 19 days ago and one side of my face is completely different from the other. Is it because of the swelling or should I consider a revision.

Uneven Cheeks after Fat Grafting at 19 days

+1

Swelling after fat transfer can be significant, and unevenness should be evaluated at 3 months at the earliest.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

You should wait about 3 months to make that decision

+1

Thank you for the photo.  Although I would expect much of the swelling to be gone by this time you may have a small hamatoma or seroma on one side that can make the size asymmetry more pronounced.  I would wait at least 3 months to decide on a revision.  During this time most of the swelling would have subsided, any hematoma/seroma will have improved or gone away, and the percentage of fat that has established blood supply and survived would be evident.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/fat-grafting.cfm

Lipofilling unevenness

+1

Dear Kalam, it's too early to take a call as unevenness following a Lipofilling can occur. A percentage of the fat injected gets resorbed. It would be ideal to wait for at least 4-6 months before deciding on the further course of action / revision.

India Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Cheeks

+1

I would definitely wait a few more weeks before considering any revision.  Uneven swelling is common after liposuction and fat injections.  I have my patients wait at least a few months before considering a revision.