Thinning out the Skin at the Nostrils?

I had a rhinoplasty over a year ago and I would like to know if there is any way to thin out the skin at the tip of the nose as well as at the nostrils without having to undergo another surgery.

Is it possible to thin nasal tip skin?

+1

It is a difficult proposition as the skin usually remains unchanged during rhinoplasty surgery. It is possible to conservatively thin the skin overlying the tip of the nose during rhinoplasty, but I have not heard of thinning the "nostril skin". Steroid injections may help, although I would be very cautious about using it in the alar rim (nostril) areas.

Thinning of Nasal Skin without Surgery

+1

Even with surgery it is difficult to make thick tip-of-nose-skin thinner. Therefore, my general answer would be no although in some specific situations, laser treatments of the skin may help a little.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thinning skin

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing your pictures – you should consider posting images showing your areas of concern.  Steroid injection may at times help.

Sam Naficy, MD