Is this swelling normal more than 24 hours after lip fillers? Not going down, but more and more swelling. (photos)

I used lip fillers (first time) yesterday. I wanted a very natural look. I have seen great results on some on my Dr.'s patients and loved the natural look. I always had dried/dehydrated lips and thought a filler could be a good thing to solve this problem (as well as the size). The thing is, the swelling is NOT going down, but the opposite. I have used 1 syringe (1 cc.) of FORTÉLIS for my lips. Is this normal? Was 1 cc. too much? What can I do? Photo : Before / 2 hours after / 30 hours after

Lip swelling after fillers

Rest assured, lip swelling is very common after filler injections and can sometimes last for up to 3-4 weeks. It's important that you follow up with your injecting physician in a couple weeks so he/she can evaluate your results. 

Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

14658 Ventura Blvd
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403

Swelling After Lip Injection with Filler

Swelling is very normal after a lip injection and, in fact, in injection.  It takes anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks for all of the swelling to completely resolve.  Be patient, I believe you will get an excellent result.

Best regards,

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

10220 NE Points Drive
Kirkland, WA 98033

Is this swelling normal more than 24 hours after lip fillers?

Yes, swelling is very normal following lip injections!  It may take a few days to a week or so to completely go away.  I believe you had a nice result and you will like it! 

8500 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211