Is 22 too young to get botox? Do many people start this early? I have forehead wrinkles..

Is 22 too young to get Botox?

+1

There is no specific predetermined age as to when patients should start having treatment with Botox. If there are no wrinkles present, the Botox will not be effective. However, in some cases it may be preventative. For example, if an individual frequently frowns, the Botox can decrease the frowning, thus decreasing the lines that will appear in the future. If there is a particular area that bothers you, it does not hurt to try it out. But I would not perform the injections if the patient does not need them. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Is 22 Too Young for Botox. . .?

+1

More and more we’re seeing both young and more mature patients requesting Botox treatments and most often for wrinkles of the forehead. It is a great preventative measure for adults in their 20s who want to prolong the existence and appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. I have patients in their middle and latter twenties who are faithful Botox patients. At the end of the day, no matter what race or gender you are, you are going to get wrinkles. However, most patients can reduce the prominence of wrinkles and fine lines with Botox and other fillers and injectables.

Brian Coan, MD
Durham Plastic Surgeon

Botox in younger patients

+1

I agree with some of the other responders. If you have lines present at rest that are visible or are more deeply etched in, then Botox would be a reasonable consideration despite your young age. In general we do recommend patients wait as long as possible to start Botox but if the lines are getting deep then treatment now may be warranted to prevent them from worsening over time when they might not be able to be fully erased. Good luck.

Jason R. Lupton, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Is 22 too young for Botox

+1

Repeated muscle movement can cause lines or grooves, but at 22 the skin has the flexibility to spring back. With age, sun exposure, smoking , genetic factors, repeated expressions, etc., the lines become permanent. At your age you can have a conservative Botox treatment to prevent the wear and tear of the skin preventing the lines from becoming etched in. Along with Botox, it is important to use a good sun block to maintain the quallity of the skin.

Richard Parfitt, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is 22 too young to get Botox?

+1

The answer depends upon what you are trying to accomplish with Botox. If you have very active forehead muscles Botox can be used to soften that movement and prevent lines from becoming imprinted on your skin. If you do have etched lines (unusual at 22) Botox can help minimize them and prevent them from getting worse.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Dysport, how young is OK?

+1

First I would say no, it is not common for a 22-year-old to have Botox. Most people that young don't even think about it, and most who might tend not to have the financial resources needed anyway.

Botulinum products like Botox and Dysport work best to prevent wrinkles. Once they are ingrained, complete removal may not be possible. If indeed you are seeing creases in your forehead when you are not raising your eyebrows, then you should consider taking action. Someone who is 22 and has creases in the forehead at rest will likely become very creased as they age.

Louis W. Apostolakis, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Botox is a great alternative to help prevent future line/wrinkles. Although you are very young, I would suggest you seek a reputable board certified physician to give you an honest evaluation and provide you with a conservative natural look