At Four Months, Does This Look Like Swelling or Scar Tissue? (Photos)

I had a revision four months ago. I received kenalog at 1 and 6 weeks after surgery and each time the swelling went away temporarily and the nose shrunk and looked perfect. My nose has since gotten bigger and watching my sodium is only helping reduce swelling slightly. My doctor didn't want to give me more kenalog during my visit this week because of the potential risks. Should I expect my nose to eventually shrink to the size it was at after the previous kenalog injections?

Rhinoplasty results and swelling

+1

Rhinoplasty results are known to be one year away or more fro open rhinoplasties and 6-12 months away for closed rhinoplasties. I agree with the other doctors comments, at this point patience and following with your current surgeon with any questions is the best option for you. All the best, Rian A Maercks M.D.

+1

By posting a very odd view without other before and after views very hard to advise. It looks good to me based upon the only photo posted. 

At Four Months, Does This Look Like Swelling or Scar Tissue?

+1

Honestly, I have performed Rhinoplasty for well over 20 years and there's no way any surgeon can tell for a photo of your nose at 4 months if there's residual swelling or scar tissue.  That would need to be done in person by feeling and seeing the skin thickness of your nose.  You should go see your Rhinoplasty Surgeon.

Four months post-op is too soon to judge your result after Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

I read your concern. The photo of your nose is not particularly helpful for evaluation.

If you were happy with your appearance after the Kenalog injections, you're likely just seeing swelling. Revision nasal surgeries are intricate and difficult. It is typical to have a bit of swelling only 4 months post-op. If you're concerned by your appearance, you could consider getting a second opinion from another rhinoplasty specialist.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery from secondary rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for the photo.

Honestly I like the result you are having so far from the secondary rhinoplasty you just had 4 months ago.

Recovery time can take a year or two to give you the final results for rhinoplasties in specific.

I am sure a lot of this swelling will subside down.

You just need to be patient and continue with your doctor.

Fatema S. Alsubhi, MD
UAE Plastic Surgeon

Swelling post rhinoplasty

+1

There is plenty of swelling which will slowly resolve.  It will take another year at least.  You have a beautiful rhinoplasty, congratulations to you and your surgeon.

You just have to be patient, there are no short cuts.  You don't need to sodium restrict, just eat and drink a normal diet.

Take good pictures now, and take some more in six months, no sooner.  Live normally and have fun.

Good luck.

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after nose surgery

+1

In my expert opinion your nose looks nice in the view you supplied. Be patient and stay with your doctor. Four months after a rhinoplasty is still a short time. Go back to the doc as he/she requested.

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon