3 Months Post Breast Aug, One Implant Moves Up as I Do, But the Other Doesn't?

Hi, I had 275cc silicone gel mod+ submuscular done 3 months ago. My one breast has settled and the other is still a bit higher. The one that is higher, when I raise my arms, the implant moves up as I do. The other, that has settled, does not, only the skin and nipple move/stretch upwards. Is this that my muscle is still tighter on that side and hasn't released the implant? They are both equally soft and move freely in the pocket. I can push in down, it just doesn't stay. Thank you

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

I think you have a good understanding of what is occurring.

Although some of the “bulgy” look at the top of the breasts  after breast augmentation may be related to swelling,  most of the is related to the location of the breast implants. The breast implants are “riding high” because the pectoralis muscle is contracting and maintaining the breast implants higher on the chest wall.

I see this phenomenon routinely after breast augmentation surgery;  it may take several months (and even up to one year) for the breast implants to fully settle (" drop and fluff”). Although many patients may not believe it, the breasts often appeared larger as the implants settle.  I think that “downward” massage  may be helpful in expediting this process.

It is important to follow-up with your plastic surgeon to rule out complications (such as encapsulation) that may  be the cause of breast asymmetry.

Implant motiion

+1

If the implant is still high, it may be pulling up under the muscle a bit. As things settle this shoudl get beter, but sometimes animation deformities do occur with motion.