It's Been 8 Months Since I Had Rhinoplasty and my Nose is Still Crooked.

I had noticed one week after my surgery that it wasn't straight and advised my doctor right away. He told me to be patient as it was really swollen. I really feel it is not going to improve. Should I really wait a full year before looking into a revision? I don't want to go another full year with a swollen nose.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

If nose is still crooked and you're concerned, seek another expert opinion and then make an informed decision.  Even if surgery is necessary you may want to wait the year.

Ramtin Kassir, MD, NY, NJ Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

"It's Revision time!" Sorry. Seek other in person opinions. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Rhinoplasty revision, a year is worth the wait

+1

One year can seem like a very long time to wait for revision of a nose which is slightly twisted or less than straight. The advantage is that at one year your surgeon can be confident that the nose is stable and no longer changing. This is the best time to plan what is needed to touch things up. There is no sense in doing more or less than what is needed and one year is worth the wait.

peterejohnsonmd

Eight months post- rhinoplasty

+1

Yes, you shoudl really wait at least one full year before undergoing a revision rhinoplasty.  The tissues are usually a bit swollen and tight up until that point.