6 Months Post Tumescent Lipo?

First a little back story. I lost 100lbs several years ago and have kept it off, but still had excess skin. I was told that Tumescent Lipo would help tighten the skin in my abdomen area. I had my full abdomen and flanks done. The flanks look to be uneven and I have a few hard lumps (soft on surface) that I massage every few days, but gets very tender. I also am still wearing a compression shirt on a day to day basis. I spoke with my doctor and he recommends 5 Venus Freeze sessions. Your thoughts

Liposuction after Weight loss

+1

Congrats on your weight loss!  It sounds like you were given some bad advice. Liposuction will not tighten the skin after weight loss.  You will need to have the excess skin excised. I recommend you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) to discuss your expectations.

Lioosuction after 100 pound Weight Loss?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

I'm sorry hear about the poor advice you have been given. Based on your history of 100 pound weight loss you undoubtedly suffered some skin elasticity loss; patients like yourself are not good candidates for liposuction surgery. The "results” you have achieved our predictable and unsatisfactory. At this point, do not waste any further time/energy/finances on modalities other than skin excision procedures ( tummy tuck).

Make sure you seek consultation with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons.

Lipo after losing 100 pounds

+1

Wow. That is awesome that you lost 100 pounds.

Unfortunately, liposuction will only remove fat and does little or nothing for loose skin.

EVERY liposuction doctor knows that.

The only procedure that would have been and still is appropriate for loose skin is a tummy tuck.

T. Wayne Day, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Excess Skin

+1

You have excess skin, may be still some swelling and from description some fat necrosis.

Advise you to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery) for in person examination and discussion of options.

Freez, Thermage, and lots of junk medicine will not tighten your skin, it will make your surgeon richer.