6 Months Post TT, and Considering Another Pregnancy?

Are there any additional risks to getting pregnant at this point? My last was a C-section if that matters. Will the muscles be too tight to let the baby grow, and will baby press up against vital organs making a painful and dangerous situation for me? I KNOW there is a great chance the TT results will be undone creating a huge waste of time and money. I have very large babies, and my stomach usually protrudes straight out like a torpedo with most people asking me if I'm having multiples.

Not a lot of wisdom in getting pregnant six months after abdominoplasty.

+1

He certainly can get pregnant after in abdominoplasty. It's too bad you didn't consider this before you proceed with an operation that will be largely undone by the pregnancy.

Pregnancy after a tummy tuck

+1

You might need to get your muscles re-tightened after pregnancy.  Also, if you develop any excess skin this can be removed as well.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Pregnancy following an abdominoplasty

+1

There have been many successful pregnancies following an abdominoplasty.  There may be a recurrence of the original problem following the pregnancy that may require revision surgery. 

+1

It is always best to have all of your children prior to a tummy tuck. That being said, some patients still will get pregnant after their tummy tuck. In almost all cases the babies were of normal birth weight and did well. The pregnancy changes will stretch out your abdomen again and your tummy tuck may have been in vain.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

+1

The pregnancy should not be compromised because of your tummy tuck, the skin can stretch again, as can the muscles, so don't worry about that.  You may not end up with the perfect tummy results that you do now, but there is always more surgical options if needed.  Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy after TT

+1

Hi,

Firstly, there are no risks to you or your new baby having a pregnancy after a TT.

As you say, the muscles and skin  may stretch and you could be back where you started from, although it is impossible to predict.

So it is entirely up to you.

Good luck and best wishes

Richard Bloom  FRACS (PLAS)

National Chairman Board of Plastic Surgery

Melbourne , Australia

Richard Bloom, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Pregnancy

+1

It's usually best to have all babies before having abdominoplasty surgery. As you mentioned it may be a huge waste of money and time. It's very likely you'll stretch back out like you did in prior pregnancies. However, there is no way to know.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

TT and Pregnancy

+1

Generally it is highly recommended to have tt after all children.  I have had two patients in 30 years get pregnant after a tt and both did perfect.  Pregnancy has a way of usually solving problems and a prior tt does not stand in the way.  The two patients both did amazingly well after and although they lost some ground, both looked fine and did NOT need a second TT.  Good News.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon