3 Months Post I Have No Signs of a Pollybeak. Will Working out and Soccer Have Any Impact on This, or Increase Risk? (photo)

I had a rhino 3 months and have a bit of scar tissue on the right side of my tip, it doesn't bother me that much. I still like my nose. I am just worried that working out with heavy weights and playing soccer may increase scar tissue and maybe contribute to getting a dreaded pollybeak. I am very scared of this happening and wouldn't want to do anything to increase the risks.

Risk of polly beak formation

+1

At 3 months after your nasal surgery the risk of a pollybeak deformity will be very low. Typically a pollybeak deformity occurs from 1). an under-resection of the cartilage portion of your nasal bridge which will be evident by 3 months  or 2). excessive resection of the cartilage portion of your bridge with very thick overlying nasal skin.  Again, by 3 months this should be evident.  Exercise and physical activities should not contribute to formation of this deformity.  However, trauma to the nose could fracture your nose and cause a deformity.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Would physical activity increase the risk of polybeak formation?

+1

You are three months after the surgery, so technically you can do any physical activity.  Of course you should still be careful about your nose especially when playing soccer as you may break it again. Physical excersise will not increase your chances of polybeaking-- this is usually a function of your skin quality (thicker skin is more prone to it) and of your internal healing qualities. Another words, some people are good healers and some are not. If polybeaking does become a problem, it can be pretty successfully treated with steroid injections.