Almost 3 Months Post Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had Rhinoplasty done in late june, as time goes on i seem to be liking my nose less. I think it looks BETTER then before (i had a bump) but it looks really odd when i smile now. I'm worried i wasted all this money on something that made me so self conscious, to feel equally as crappy. Should i be concerned or not quite yet?

In the photo you posted, your nose does not appear "odd" after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

Feel free to re ask your question with a description of what you feel doesn't look right after your nose job surgery. Then the RealSelf group of experts could comment on your concerns and provide opinions for you.

Sorry I could not be of more help to you.

Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://nosejobphotos.com/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

I assume the posted side view photo is an after view? but not sure. In my opinion based upon only one vague photo it appears as you result has a limited effect as to size. Best to see your chosen surgeon to discuss the expectations you had. 

3 months post surgery

+1

3 months post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery - be patient and follow up with your surgeon

Post Rhinoplasty Complication?

+1

Thank you for the picture. You are only 3 months post rhinoplasty and therefore it is not unreasonable have unresolved inflammation as well as the ongoing healing process. These factors can certainly contribute to the odd look you alluded to. Typically you should  wait a minimum of 6 months before making any decisions. Healing takes time, not everyone will heal at the same time, and there are many other factors that can affect your healing as well as your results. At this point do not allow this to cause any undue stress. I would recommend you continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon and communicate your concerns with them.

Good luck.

Weird smile after rhinoplasty

+1

Hanna578,

Your nose is probably still a bit stiff from the surgery and that can make your smile look a bit weird for a while.  This will resolve over time.  Don't be concerned yet. 

Web reference: http://www.matthewbridgesmd.com

Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Rhinoplasty Swelling

+1

Dear Hanna,

Three months post surgery you still have some swelling. From your photograph you seem to have a nice natural result from your rhinoplasty.With that said you may have wanted further modification. I am not sure of what your expectations or desired aesthetic results were and what was discussed with your surgeon in that regard. I also do not have the advantage of seeing your preoperative photograph to better discuss your result. I would not be concerned at this time and give yourself some more time for complete recovery. Best regards!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Don't be worried quite yet.

+1

At 3 months post rhinoplasty you are still quite early in the healing process.  While healing times do vary patient to patient, and depending on surgical technique, you still have some time to go before you reach your final result.