4 months post rhinoplasty with crooked nose and slight bump. (photos)

I had rhinoplasty 4 months ago. My nose is crooked in the front when i smile and there's a bump in my profile. I have my doctor appt tomorrow and I want to know what I should ask. At my 2 month appt these problems were present and my doc said he didn't notice the hump…the hump is CLEARLY noticeable. I just want to know my options. Is this still swelling at 4 months? How can it be corrected? What questions should I ask my doc if I am unhappy with the outcome thus far.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Contact your surgeon there are certainly issues but you are early on in the healing process which can take up to a year.  From the photos it looks as though there is a collapse on the right side, just make sure your surgeon is aware of these concerns revision should not be performed till after one year.

Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Bump on bridge after rhinoplasty

+1
Things that can be seen can be fixed if necessary. After the tissue is soft, six to twelve months, you might need a revision to support the bridge on the narrow side and smooth away the bump if it remains. Keep your surgeon informed of your thoughts as you heal.

Still early

+1
I always inform my patients that complete swelling does not go away for up to 6 months (or sometimes longer) after surgery.  Having said this, there are apparent issues with your nose (collapse in the mid-nose on the right side, and the bump you refer to).  These things do indeed occasionally occur after rhinoplasty and your surgeon should be willing to discuss the issues with you.  Regardless, still be a bit patient.  Try to wait about a year total before considering revision.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose with a bump four months post rhinoplasty.

+1
Crooked nose with a bump four months post rhinoplasty. It takes 12 months for thenose to look like it will ultimately be. You need to wait an additional six months and these are still present then you will  need a revision. Discuss it with your surgeon or get a second opinion 

4 months post rhinoplasty with crooked nose and slight bump.

+1

Hump correction is not particularly difficult, but I would give it some more time if your surgeon determines that there is still swelling present.

I doubt these issues will get better over time

+1

I would recommend you speak frankly and honestly with your surgeon and express your concerns.  It is possible that a revision procedure could improve on these issues.  If I were in your shoes I would ask what options you have at this point.  

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon