4 Months Post Rhinoplasty Bumps and Inconsistencies? (photo)

4 months ago I had rhinoplasty. My nose does not have consistent lines down the front. There looks like there's bumps:indentations all over the nose. Would fillers help? Will this get better with time?

Give it at least a year

+2

Hello. At four months you are nowhere close to your final results and for a full year after your procedure your cosmetic appearance will continue to improve. For minor irregularities such as yours massaging can improve the appearance. Just try to be patient these trouble areas will continue to improve.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Aesthetics of the nose at 4 months

+1

If the bump between the eyes on the top of the nose is firm at 4 months then it may be bone remaining from the surgery or even new bone formation. Waiting six months is appropriate in your situation. Fillers will be temporary for you and will need frequent reapplication so I would not recommend them. At six months, should you chose to have another procedure, you will need the bump taken down and alloderm (a skin graft) along the dorsum of the nose to smooth out the irregularities. Best of luck.

Garrett H. Bennett, MD

Rhinoplaty and irregulatiries at 4months

+1

At 4 months post rhinoplasty all bets are off. I would wiat a good year until the swelling dissipates before doing anything else.

Post op rhino

+1

Please do yourself a favor and do not consider any work on your nose until you are at least 9 - 12 months postop. Your nose will change considerably in the next several months as of course may your opinion. You do have some minor irregularities along the bridge of your nose. Try massaging this area, push hard enough that it's a bit sore but not hard enough that it hurts. By doing this you can at times smooth out irregularities over time. Should you still be unhappy after a year, seek several opinions from surgeons who routinely do a lot of rhinoplasty, look at their photos (lots of them) and go from there.

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

4 Months Post Rhinoplasty Bumps and Inconsistencies?

+1

4 months still very early in healing phases. But expert filler injection could benefit you. Best to discuss in person. 

No dorsal line after rhinoplasty

+1

What we think you are seeing is an absent dorsal aesthetic line, a smooth curve from the top of the bridge to the tip of the nose along each side. Your photos show some collapse in the mid bridge where the nasal bone and cartilage join. A filler can mask the shape, though a spreader graft on each side might be best to improve the contour of the bridge. Give things six months of longer before you judge.