3 Months Post Rhino and I See No Change, Will It Change? (photo)

I'm kind of dissapointed. I thought that at this time I would see more change on my nose. Will it change over time? Honestly I don't see much difference! Do I need to consider a revision?

Rhinoplasty changes with thick skin

+1

Being that it is only three months, you really ahve to give it more time.  A good year is necessary. There are some limitations to the final result most likely due to the thick skin.

Ethnic Rhinoplasty Thick Skin 3 Months Post Surgery

+1

I would agree with those plastic surgeons here that tell you to be more patient. It is fairly common in ethnic rhinoplasty to see thick skin obscure the actual surgical changes made for upwards of 1-2 years out from surgery. You do need to be patient throughout this process to allow natural healing to take place. That being said, there are several things that might be offered by your rhinoplasty surgeon to further optimize the healing process and encourage the skin to shrink wrap down faster. These include taping the nose on a regular basis as well as use of injectable steroids. This latter suggestion is somewhat controversial, however, I happen to use injectable steroids on a very regular basis in my rhinoplasty practice to achieve results that may not otherwise be realized. Even at 3 months out from surgery (even at 10 years out!) changes can be made using steroid injections into the nose. Happy healing. 

Web reference: http://www.drhilinski.com

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Changes 3 Months after Rhnoplasty

+1

In patients like you with thick nasal skin, post-op resolution of swelling is prolonged and compromised. I suggest you be patient and wait another 12-15 months before considering revision surgery.

Your tip appears to have narrowed 3 months after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

I read your concern and reviewed your photos:

In my opinion, your frontal photo shows natural-looking tip narrowing that appears "un-operated". You will also see some subtle improvement over the next year so I would not suggest further surgery at this time.

I agree your result is subtle, but your nose looks natural and improved. Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://naturalrhinoplasty.net/#18970

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

3 Months Post Rhino and I See No Change, Will It Change?

+1

Hi,

The short answer is that you will NOT see anymore changes. You have a very ethnic bulbous nose that requires advanced rhinoplasty techniques. Usually patients that have ethnic rhinoplasty like yours notice a change 2 to 3 weeks after surgery. Over several months the nose continues to thin out. This is not the case with your nose. My website has many example of bulbous nose and the post-op results.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://www.africanamericanrhinoplasty.com/rhinoplasty_popup/ethnic-rhinoplasty-female-30.htm

Expectations after 3 months

+1

I agree with previous posts. The thickness of the skin will limit your result.  Performing rhinoplasty on noses like yours requires a complete different surgery, compared to the traditional rhinoplasty. The nose needs to be "built up" with grafts, to improve on skin re-drapping and gain more shape and better definition.

I usually manage my patients preoperative expectations to ensure that their goals are in line with what is achievable with this type of rhinoplasty

Best of luck

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results will continue to change for one year.

+1

Rhinoplasty results will continue to change for one year.  You need to allow time for the scar tissue to resolve.

You also have thick nasal skin which makes any changes made at the time of surgery much harder to see.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

No result rhinoplasty

+1

The problem you have is excessively thick nasal skin.  This will always mask the structural work done underneath on your nose and make the result hard to see.  You also need to go a full year for all swelling to resolve and maybe then you will see more changes.