7 Months Post Rhino !!!

I very concerned about the hardness of my tip 7mo post-op and its not soft yet..also i have a ridge going across my tip, that ridge is noticeable in pics and it bothers me..my left side of my lower half of the nose is still fuller. I don't understand mirrors..I look at myself with a good lighted mirror and my nose appears crooked then i look at my self on a mirror with out the bright lighting and it doesn't look so crooked i wondering whats going on?? any advice would be appreciated. thanks!!

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year.

+1

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year, but chances are the crookedness will remain. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for a second opinion as well as your primary surgeon.

7 months post rhinoplasty

+1

Tip fimness is present for a long time after rhinoplasty. Thip tip of the nose is usually the last thing to resolve. Talk to your surgeon but, you need to allow more time.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Rhinoplasty results

+1

A nose may still be hard after 7 months and can last for a year or longer.  AS for shadowing etc..  this is all light related.  This you shoudl go over with your surgeon.

Unhappy with nose after rhinoplasty

+1

At 7 months you will still likely have  a little bit of residual swelling in the nasal tip.  The skin here is the thickest and may take a full year to settle down.  Lighting and shadowing does play an important role in the evaluation of a three dimensional object such as the nose.  The best comparison should be made using before and after photos in a controlled setting such as your surgeon's office.  Photographs would help with a further evaluation of your nose.  

Etai Funk, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip stiffness after rhinoplasty

+1

It is very common for the tip of the nose to be stiff up to and beyond a year after rhinoplasty - this is especially true if any tip grafting was performed

Sam Naficy, MD