2 Months Post Revision Rhinoplasty and Still Extremely Swollen

I am now 2 month post op and the lower half of my nose is still very swollen inside and out. One side is more swollen than the other so it looks crooked. My surgery took over 3 hours so I know it was a big procedure but should the swelling and crookedness still be this obvious after 2 months?

Swelling and asymmetry at 2 months

+1

Each situation is unique and only your rhinoplasty surgeon knows the specific details of your procedure and should be the person commenting on post-operative questions such as this - swelling does take 1-2 years to fully resolve

Swelling 2 Months after Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Several factors should be considered. Swelling will continue to resolve for a full year after surgery, especially after a revision rhinoplasty.  The swelling frequently does not resolve symmetrically. In all rhinoplasty surgery the lower 1/2 of the nose takes longer to heal.

Swelling after revision nose surgery

+1

In my experience--and I'm sure my colleagues would agree--swelling after revision rhinoplasty tends to be more severe and more prolonged than that after a primary rhinoplasty. Take comfort in knowing that what you're describing is quite typical in terms of size.

As for the asymmetry, it can be very hard to tell whether it's asymmetric swelling or a truly asymmetric nose. Unfortunately, it will take many months more to know for sure.

--DCP

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon