Almost 4 months post-op - Should I still be sore and tender?

I had a br October 8th and 2 weeks later had a hematoma evacuation surgery on the right breast. I understand it's going to take longer to heal now than the other side but should I still be sore and tender? It hurts to wear a bra or to massage it. Also that breast seems a bit smaller and higher than the left breast. Will gravity set in eventually and even them out or do I just live with uneven breasts? The right side still feels really firm and tight compared to the left. Thanks in advance.

Almost 4 months post-op breast reduction- Should I still be sore and tender?

+2
I am sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced. Some of the discomfort you are experiencing may be related to the wide scarring present. The firmness that you describe may or may not be of concern as well;  sometimes patients will experience fat necrosis that presents as firmness of the breasts after breast reduction surgery. Ultimately, only in person consultation (careful physical examination) will be able to divide you with  specific enough advice to be truly helpful to you. Best wishes; hopefully, after additional ( revisionary) surgery you will be pleased with the longer-term outcome of the procedure performed.

You would benefit from a revision

+1
You would benefit from a revision as you seem to have a very widened scar.  Your surgeon will be following you to determine when your breasts are healed enough to have the next surgery.  It will improve the appearance and MAY improve pain

Martin Jugenburg, MD