5 Months Post Op Tummy Tuck Pulled Muscle on Side.

I'm 5months post op from an extended tt. I've had two occasions where I've had a quick movement and I felt something "pop" in the lower rib area towards the right side of my body, followed by immediate pain, then muscle pain for days when I take a deep breath, or lay in bed, or stand up, just basic movement. It's especially sore at night in bed. Hurts to touch the area as well. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Postop tummy tuck

+2

5 months of progressive improvement with an acute episode of a sharp pain sounds like somesort of tissue stretch/tear with the scar interface.  If your tightened tissues scor down properly to the muscle surface to close off the dissected pocket it makes sence you could locally tear this adhesion.  See your surgeon and give it time to get better.  I hope this info helps.

Pain is not a pulled Muscle

+2

Five months after a tummy tuck is an interesting time to be getting pain on quick movement. As you heal there are little scared down areas through out the entire operated surface. There is still some mild inflammation also. Little nerve endings are sprouting and growing back into the skin. Any one of these things may be giving you the referred pain to the rib area. Anti-inflammatory and massage will be of some help. Surgeons will also suture the muscle fascia into a tighter position, like an internal corset, it is conceivable that if these were placed individually that you may have torn a couple. Talk to your Surgeon, only they know exactly where they placed the sutures

Charles Virden, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Pain 5 months after tummy tuck

+1

It is most likely a pulled or strained muscle but you want to make sure that it is nothing serious like appendicitis or a urinary infection. See you plastic surgeon and your primary care physician.

Richard Dale Reynolds, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Localized pain this late after tummy tuck is unusual

+1

Localized pain this late after tummy tuck is unusual.  The focal pain with its commencement so tightly associated  with a distinct movement suggests a localized physical phenomena.  A visit with your surgeon is warranted.  With knowledge of your history and an examination of your tender site, he/she will have a good idea as to its cause and whether further radiographic imaging is necessary.

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon