5 Months Post-Op Swelling from Fat Graft, Face Lift, Brow Lift and Nose Procedures. Is this normal?

I am 5 months post op from a face, brow and nose surgeries with a fat transfer to the cheek area. By now I had hoped that the swelling would be gone, but my face is still pretty wide at the upper cheek area, and it is also swollen near the lower cheek and jaw area. My nose is also swollen and looks big. Overall, my face has lost its harmonious contours. Is the swelling normal at this point? If so, when can I realistically expect to look normal again?

Five months post op swelling from face lift and nose. Is this normal?

+1
It depends on what type of facelift you had as to whether the swelling is normal at 5 months. If you had a “deep plane” facelift, also known as a composite facelift you will have swelling for 6 months. So, it is important to know what type of facelift you had. The more superficial the facelift, the quicker the swelling will resolve. You indicated that you had fat injection into the cheekbone area. This involves a lot of bruising and over injection, so you would expect to see some swelling. Overall, however, you would look to see swelling resolving in three months. I strongly recommend that you return to your surgeon and express your concerns. Contact someone regarding facial massage and lymphatic drainage of the face. It is a specialty. It is incumbent on your surgeon to help you as the patient to find resolution to post-operative issues and concerns. The surgeon is there to help.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Swelling Post Facial Surgery

+1
Swelling can take up to 6 months sometimes longer to subside.  I suggest speaking to your physician about your concerns.  There are things can be done if this is truly swelling to speed up the recovery process.  Otherwise, seek a second persons opinion.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.