2 Months Post Op Rhinoplasty with Only Slight Results, Is this Because of the Swelling? (photo)

I am just over 2 months post-op closed rhinoplasty. My surgeon did not operate on my bone, just the tip cartilage, since my problem was really with my bulbous tip. I do notice now that it is a bit less bulbous now, but my nose now has has an awkward and uneven shape to it. I know that some uneven swelling is normal, but what I have noticed seems a bit too uneven. Also my nose still seems way too big for my face. Is that just the swelling? How much more will it go down?

Your nose is certainly still swollen 2 months after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+2

I reviewed your concerns and your photos:

2 mos. post op is too soon to judge your final result, and tip swelling persists for many months after nose job surgery.

If you're still concerned by your appearance 3-4 mos. from now, you may want to re-ask your question, with updated photos, for the RealSelf experts to comment on.

All the best.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Full revision rhinoplasty should fix the problem.

+2

Hi.

Of course don't do anything for another four months, but I am afraid you really needed more than just a tip procedure.  When all the swelling is gone, your nose may still look too big for your face.  The only good news is that a skillful revision with delicate reduction of the bone pyramid should  give you a very nice result to go with your pretty face.  Also the tip may need a little further refinement.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

You still have swelling

+2

Your before pictures show large and bulbous tip. The surgery for the nose should have involved the rest of the nose and not just the tip. The reduction of the tip is making the rest of the nose look larger. You should wait at least six months and then discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Results 2 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

You understand that your nose is still swollen and the definition will improve over the next 6 months. Presently the tip is wide and asymmetrical, and  the profile line is full. Time will tell, but some revision may be necessary.