7 Months Post Op Septorhinoplasty - Swelling, Hardness and Difficulty Breathing?

I had a severely deviated septum. My surgeon performed two grafts on my nose and straightened out my cartilage which he has done successfully. However, the main problems now are breathing and lots of swelling - esp on the tip and feels much worse if I am tired or after the gym when my nose can feel big and hard. I am worried my nose isn’t healing right and isn't going to change much more. My nose doens't feel healed yet but I haven’t seen any changes for months.

7 Months After Septorhinoplasty

+2

7 months after septorhinoplasty swelling can figure prominently, particularly at the tip.   In addition, the more dissection that is performed and the greater the number of grafts, the more swelling you can expect.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Swelling 7 months after septorhinoplasty

+1

It is not abnormal to have some residual swelling after 7 months. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months, and the remainder goes down over time. Tip swelling can generally linger for longer. I would recommend following up with your surgeon and communicating your concerns to him or her. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Swelling, Hardness, and Breathing Issues after Rhinoplasty

+1

At seven months following a rhinoplasty procedure you can still expect to have swelling of the nasal tip. The swelling will continue to persist for at least a year. It is expected that with exercise the tip should experience swelling.  Continue to follow up with your surgeon to make sure that there are no other issues.  

Michael Sundine, MD

Hardness of nose and breathing issues

+1

Stiffness of the nose is common after rhinoplasty and can last a year and sometiems longer. As for the breathing issues it is best to be evaluated in person and you should follow with your surgeon.

Post rhinoplasty tip swelling.

+1

It takes 1year for the tip swelling to go down and be patient--it will go down more.