4 Months Post Op (Septo-Rhinoplasty)? (photo)

Hi, I had Septo/Rhinoplasty 4 months ago. I shaved a bone and fixed my columella. I'm not happy with the results as i think my tip is big, round and kind of droopy. How can i know if its a scar tissue? Shall i expect changes in the next months? Can steroid injections push only the supratip down a bit? Thanks.

Correction of Rhinoplasty

+1

Hello. A steroid shot may help, but you need to consult your doctor for analysis of the situation. The majority of the swelling should reduce within nine months, but it will take up to one year to see the full results. I recommend that the patient waits for the full year before making any decisions.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Four Months Post-Rhinoplasty

+1

I would not recommend doing anything further until you are a year out of surgery. Nasal
tissues cannot safely and accurately be manipulated until they have fully matured post surgical trauma. Sounds like you had a closed procedure, where the tip may not have been precisely addressed. If that is the case then you will need a secondary procedure to address the tip deformity. Steroid injections may help, but be sure your physician is very familiar with steroid usage on the nose.

Ahmed Abdullah, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Results At 4 Months After Septo-rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

The corticosteroid injections at 4 months post-op may be used at 4 increasing and/pr preventing the formation of scar tissue only after a physical examination.

Also at 4 months post-op, your swelling is not fully resolved and it takes about 12 months for the end-results to get established.

I encourage you to communicate with your surgeon who knows the full details of your surgery while following his/her instructions.

At this point into the race, I recommend that you have little more patience giving mother nature the chance to do its job and resolve the swelling providing you with nasal definition and addressing the supratip area of your nose.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

+1

I will try to address all of your questions. The first think you should know is that 4 months out is still very early. Your swelling can take up to one year to completely resolve. So yes you can expect changes in the next several months. As to your question about steroids, I use them in situations when I do feel there is scar tissue building up in areas that I do not want it. One of those areas is the supratip region that you describe and often times steroids will help reduce scarring in that area and thus give more of a supratip break, or slope in that area.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Tip drop after rhinoplasty

+1

The swelling will come down, but the tip drop will not correct itself. You do not need the supratip to come down, you need elevation of the tip once the tissues are soft and pliable. Rhinoplasty is a delicate operation, and carries its incidence of revisions.

M. Vincent Makhlouf, MD, FACS

+1

Still early in the healing but IO agree with you you will need revision at 9 months post op. Sorry. Regards 

4 months post rhinoplasty

+1

At four months post rhinoplasty, you are probably still very swollen. But, I doubt that your tip will raise to any degree. As for the supratip area, this may flatten a bit with time as the swelling subsides.

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year.

+1

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year. It is too soon to say if this will be permanent. If it is very hard in the  center it  is probably the cartilage and also a degree of tip ptosis or drop.

See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the answer.

Droopy tip post op

+1

It's difficult to be completely accurate without before photos as well as front view photos. You do appear to have some supra tip fullness. A simple test is to try and compress this with your finger. If it compresses then it is soft tissue and may continue to improve. It's a little late for steroid injection but it wouldn't hurt to try one. If the tissue is hard like cartilage or bone then it likely won't change much more. Good luck!

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

4 Months

+1

Patience and time is important for the first 12 months.  Steroid injections may be appropriate, but follow the lead of your surgeon and see him routinely.  Please keep your follow-ups.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon