Almost 7 Months Post Op Rhinoplasty Still Unhappy? (photo)

I have rhinoplasty on my tip and my overall nose to refine the bridge and I'm very unhappy with my tip and it seems I'm able to see the bone on my bridge at the top and I'm just not sure if the overall procedure went very well because i just want a very slim elegant looking nose not all of that swollen bulky tip what do i do???

Unhappy with result 7 months following rhinoplasty

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear you are not happy with your result. 7 months after surgery, you are still going to be swollen. 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months, and the remainder goes down over time. It can take 18-24 months to see the final result of your surgery. This is especially the case if tip work was performed. I would give it a bit of time and see how your healing progresses. In the meantime, I would recommend discussing any post-operative concerns with your surgeon. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck! 

Unhappy 7 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

It is very difficult to evaluate your nose with the pictures submitted. I recommend that you talk to your surgeon and describe what you don't like. Another alternative is to consult with a surgeon who specializes in revision rhinoplasty.

Post-op rhinoplasty

+1

Dear jenny,

• It would be a good idea to start with your original surgeon to see if he/she can revise it for you
  • If you are no longer on good terms or do not want to see them, then please seek out another rhinoplasty surgeon
  • It is tough to say why you did not get the results you wanted without a thorough exam

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Post-rhinoplasty blues

+1

Sorry that you are unhappy with your nose at 7 months. I suggest you discuss this with your surgeon. If you are unhappy with him, perhaps you need to get  second opinion.

Unhappy with results 7 months post-rhinoplasty

+1

I encourage you to schedule a follow-up appointment with your surgeon to discuss your concerns. It can take a year or more for tip swelling to resolve, and for that reason, it may be too early to even think about a revision. Assuming your surgeon recommended a tip massage routine, please be sure you're continuing this practice.

Good luck!

Ahmed Abdullah, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Please discuss your concerns with your surgeon

+1

Based on the limited views of your nose you would benefit from tip revision. You discuss your concerns with your surgeon .

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy 7 Months After Rhinoplasty

+1

I would recommend you consider seeking an evaluation from an expert in revision rhinoplasty. The photos you provided are quite small, but I can see that there are some issues in terms of the tip and bridge contour that might need to be addressed. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Possible Revision Rhinoplasty needed

+1

Dear Jenny,

The photographs shown above are difficult to see as they are cropped and very small. I would suggest a few second opinions from well recommended revision rhinoplasty specialists. I can see from the photographs that your tip appears notched and rotated a bit as well as it appears from the frontal view that your dorsum has a slight deformity as well. If you would like to send some better photographs to my email address I would be happy to provide further expert opinion. A good frontal and profile view would be helpful. If you do decide on revision rhinoplasty I would suggest waiting a full year before scheduling so that healing process has time to run it's course. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Almost 7 Months Post Op Rhinoplasty Still Unhappy?

+1

Seek in person second opinions for revision rhinoplasty NOW! The posted photos are took cropped to really give an opinion.