4 Months Post-op (Rhinoplasty/septoplasty). Scar Tissue? (photo)

Hi, i fixed my columella and shaved a bone on my bridge. 4 months later, i can clearly see supratip fullness. My doctor said if it wont go away in 2 months, hell perform a minor surgery in his clinic with local anesthesia and he'll remove the scar tissue. When i keep pressing on the supratip, it goes down and gives a shape of a straight nose, but in few minutes it goes back up. Is this an indication that the scar tissue might fade in few months? Thanks!

Supratip fullness after rhinoplasty

+1

Supratip fullness is quite common in the first several months following rhinoplasty. Steroid (Kenalog) injections and taping the nose have been quite useful for many patients, so perhaps you could check with your surgeon to see if these therapies may be appropriate for you. Patience is important, as the supratip appearance generally continues to improve for a year or more after surgery. 

Best regards,

Dr. Mehta

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon