I am almost 5 months post op rhino and my tip seems extremely bulbous. Is this normal at this stage? (photo)

I am just about 5 months post op rhinoplasty and my tip looks extremely bulbous!! Is this normal at this stage? Or does my nose appear to be overly bulbous?

Bulbous nose after rhinoplasty

+1

It it not unusual to have some swelling in the tip of the nose 5 months out from rhinoplasty surgery. You should start to see some change from where your nose appeared previously but without some preoperative photos to review I would be unable to tell you if your postoperative course is unusual. The tip of the nose does take the longest to heal and the final results are not evident until 9-12 months. Waiting for the swelling to resolve can be frustrating since you are looking at your nose every day. You may bring this up with your surgeon. He/she should be able to judge if the amount of swelling is normal and if not what options are available to speed the healing phase along.

Bulbous tip after rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for the question and your photos. In the picture you provided, the tip of your nose does indeed look bulbous. Without a before picture, I can't comment on the surgical change... At 5 months post-op, you really should be starting to see the final shape that the nose will take. Some swelling may persist out to 12 months, but this should be decreasing fairly the obviously at this point. Massage to the area and small doses of a steroid can be very helpful in some cases. If you continue to be dissatisfied, a second opinion is also a good idea. Best of luck moving forward.

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscofacialplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty/

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous nose 5 months after rhinoplasty

+1

I'm not sure what your nose looked like prior to your rhinoplasty, so it's difficult to say if it looks too bulbous or not. It is definitely not unusual to still have some swelling in the nose 5 months after rhinoplasty. The tip of the nose always takes the longest for the swelling to resolve, and it can take 6-12 months before you would see any improvement. I wouldn't be too concerned at this time but be sure to keep your follow up appointments with your surgeon so that your progress can be monitored.

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon