3 months post op, should i consider revision?

Hi , i had an open rhinoplasty 3 months ago. My doctor also changed the thip of my nose and lifted it up a little. I liked how my nose looked at the beginning but now i feel like it is kind of big for my face. I heard that the tip fill drop in time and im afraid that it will look like a beak. Is the tip o my nose is too bumpy? And is my nose too wide? Will it drop alot and should i consider revision in the future? I just want to have the perfect nose for my face.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1
At 3 months, revision work is too early as there is still some swelling especially in the nasal tip area.
Injections of cortisone can help with the swelling so I would recommend that as a possiblity. Ask you surgeon.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip changes after rhinoplasty: 3 months, what to do?

+1
It is hard to give you any answers without your photos.  At three months, I do not operate as the swelling and recovery is still ongoing.  I would not consider a "revision" until at least 1 year.

Jeffrey Ditesheim, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Too early to consider revision surgery

+1
Recovery after rhinoplasty will vary based on the person, characteristics of the nasal tissues and what was done during surgery.

Around the 4-6 week mark, most patients are able to appreciate most of the changes from surgery as a significant amount of swelling has resolved. However, it can take somewhere in and around 12-18 months to see the final results. The areas with thicker skin in the nose such as the tip, alar rims and radix may require longer to settle.

How certain areas of the nose heal will depend significantly on what was technically done during surgery. Whether or not the tip drops and by what degree will depend on what was done to establish tip support during your surgery.

At 3 months postop, you are still early in your recovery and you should allow your nose to heal fully prior to considering revision surgery. Revision rhinoplasty is typically done at least 1 year after the previous operation.

Jamil Ahmad, MD

Rhinoplasty and Time

+1
It takes weeks to months to heal completely from Rhinoplasty surgery.  Be patient, and follow up with your surgeon as he recommends.  If revision is needed, it will be months down the road.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Time

+1
No significant rhinoplasty revision should be considered before 12 months. Its hard to fathom but it really does take that long for things to heal

Benjamin C. Marcus, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose

+1
Without photos it is impossible to say anything but after a year you are still unhappy then I would go back to my surgeon and also seek second opinions

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon