4 months post-op of Septorthinoplasty, is it normal to have temporary bridge swelling that goes away after a couple hours?

I'm on my 4th months post-septorhinoplasty and twice I have experienced temporary swelling at the bridge between my eyes. From a profile view it is very obvious that there is a bump there and it feels like bone, not swelling. The good news is in both cases, the bone-like bump has gone away after a few hours. Why is this happening to me?

Nasal dorsum swelling after surgery

+1
intermittent swelling like that sometimes can be trapped mucosa near the nasal bones or in between the upper lateral cartilage and the septum.  It may simply be continued inflammation that is responding to alcohol he may have drink, increased salt intake, and so on.  This should also decide with time but do follow-up with your surging closely.

Chase lay, MD
Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Some Swelling is Normal

+1
Hi and thank you for your question. Following rhinoplasty, occasional swelling is not unusual. Your best bet would be to schedule an appointment to see your surgeon when the swelling is at its highest. You may also want to take photos when you nose is swollen and photos when your nose appears normal.

Stay beautiful,
Dr. B

George Brennan, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1
Swelling can persist for months after a rhinoplasty. I think that you need to give it more time to heal. Good luck with your result.

+1
It is difficult to evaluate you you without before/after pictures. However, this is not uncommon. The fact that it fades away, indicates that it is a soft tissue swelling rather anything skeletal. Noses continue to settle down up to a year after surgery.
I recommend you share your concern with your surgeon. Sometimes, this can be easily remedied by a dilute shot of local steroid in the area, pending your clinical evaluation.

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS

Swelling on bridge comes and goes

+1
Hard to know what you are feeling, and it seems unusual that a bump that feels so firm will fade away. As a rule anything that will smooth out and settle will eventually stay that way. When the bump is 'there' have your surgeon take a look.