4 months post op: Will my nose simmer down a bit? My tip is clown like (Photo)

I love my profile however I don't like how my tip looks. It looks great from the side but the front view is driving me crazy. It droops a little and it's soooooo round. Ugh! Help...

4 months post-op

+1
Hi there, I do think it's early to make any great judgements on how the nose is doing.  You can still expect a good amount of swelling at this stage; swelling exists all the way up to a year after surgery in some cases.  I do think it's important that you check in with your surgeon if you're worried about swelling, though.  In some cases, your surgeon might inject some steroid into a swollen region to help bring better shape and contour to that area.

Dr. Alexander

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Rhinoplasty

+1
Swelling after rhinoplaty can take from several months to a year or longer to completely resolve. Try to be patient and follow up with your surgeon. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

4 months post rhinoplasty

+1
Your nose looks great at this stage at 4 months. You can expect further thinning and improvement up to at least one year. So be patient and keep in touch with your PS and have a trust in him/her. That is why you chose him/her.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

4 months post op: Will my nose simmer down a bit? My tip is clown like

+1
If there is any concern, your should return to your surgeon for an assessment.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Healing after Rhinoplasty

+1
Thank you for the photo and your question. Yes, your nose will continue to settle. The tip area often holds the most swelling and can take the longest to recover. In some cases, massage or a small shot of a steroid can help significantly. The hardest part is waiting, and to really see the results this takes about a year.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon