4 Months Post Op Lower Transconjunctival Bleph. Under Certain Light The Bags Reappear? (photo)

I had transconjuctival blepharoplasty 4 months ago. The doctor said he removed alot of fat(more than he anticipated on). When looking straight ahead the bags are 95 % gone. However under certain lighting or when I tilt my head the bags appear. Is it remaining fat or shadow from fat removal. Thanks for your help

Lower Lid Fat

+1
There is a small amount of residual fat in the lower lid area that protrudes over the orbital rim.  In a neutral head position it is not obvious and the cosmetic result is excellent.  When you tilt your head down, your eyes move up bringing the lower orbital fat forward and thus making the fat visible again.  I would consider a revision only after 6 - 12 months and only if you would prefer to have less fat that is not noticeable on head tilt.  The trade off is that on neutral gaze you may have a hollow lower eye with excess skin.  In this case a pinch excision of skin would be able to "tighten up" the excess.  You would have to be evaluated in person after allowing the appropriate healing time to take place.  Be patient and consider your options.

Web reference: http://vipplasticsurgery.com/photo-gallery/?album=1&gallery=1

4 Months

+1

Ninety Five percent "gone" is an amazing result at four months.  Congratulations on an excellent result!  Time will improve your result.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

The Lower Eyelid Fat Is A Dynamic Structure That Is Tied To The Extraocular Muscles That Move The Eyes.

+1

This means that when you look around, as you do in the photos, the appearance of the lower eyelid fat will change.  Does this mean that you should have revisional lower eyelid surgery?  Not necessarily.  I think it best to judge the surgery based on looking straight ahead as you do when you converse with someone.  These pictures show that you have had a very nice result.