3 Months Post Op Liposuction Inner/outer Thighs and Knees? (photo)

What is my next step. The liposuction did reduce the size of my thighs/sandlebags and inner knee. I am plagued with loose skin and cellulite. I work out 5 days a week and cannot change their appearance. I understand liposuction does not reduce cellulite and it can leave loose skin. Should I consider Velashape to reduce cellulite or surgery to tighten the skin? I am 47 yoa; 5'6" 165 lbs and my normal weight is 155. My thighs have always been this way even 10lbs lighter.

No Cellulite Treatment Really Works......Period.

+2

There is no reliable treatment for cellulite.  All the technology beauty machines do not work.  There may be temporary improvement at significant expense but you will need to keep doing the treatments for many years.   I have been a investigator on FDA approved studies for cellulite and I can tell you nothing works.  Losing weight may help.  Go to your ideal weight and you will see improvement.  At last resort have a thigh-body lift but then you have the incision sites.  If you are really bothered by this and serious about correction, you will visit your family doctor and you will first go to your very ideal weight.  Then think about what is best from that vantage point. This is the ONLY LOGICAL PATHWAY.   My Best,  Dr C

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Nothing vs body lift +/- buttocks fat grafting

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  You have several options available to your to improve the appearance of your buttocks and thighs.  Non-invasive cellulite treatment is not one of them unfortunately.  Consider additional liposuction with fat grafting to the buttocks and a lower body lift.  Of course which exact body contouring procedure is best for you will depend on the pros and cons of each procedure and which ones would fit your goals the best.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

#Liposuction

+1

best would be for you to consider body lift or thigh lift procedure. its a pretty invasive procedure and if not done appropriately can cause significant scarring. your problem is increased skin laxity which is not going to get better with non-invasive techniques, unfortunately

Misbah Khan, MD

3 Months Post Op Liposuction Inner/outer Thighs and Knees?

+1

You should consider thigh lifts and additional liposuction for best results.  I would not tell you to pursue the cellulite treatments.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of body contouring and liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Skin tightening technology does not work which includes cellulite.

+1

Resist the temptation to tighten the skin and treat cellulite using skin tightening technology. It doesn't work. If you check the satisfaction rate of the strategies at this website you'll see what I'm talking about.