6 Months Post-op Lipo. No Results. Any Hope?

I Am 6 Months Post Op from Lipo on my Thighs Inner and Outer , Flanks, Abdomen. I still do not see any results. My stomach bulges out and kind folds over . My thighs are so lumpy. Two big lumps on each thigh the size of a half a dollar. My thins feel hard under the skin. I weight exactly the same prior to lipo. And no im not over eating. If anything I'm eating better Now. I am so concerned because I don't see any results' people tell me I may be swollen, but why till 6months. And still look the same. Is there hope?

Liposuction results

+2
I am sorry to hear that you haven't seen any improvement after your liposuction. You should see your surgeon and express your dissatisfaction. They may be able to help you with an agreeable solution. During this talk please refer to your before and after pictures to show the lack of improvement. 

Liposuction - No Results at 6 Months

+2

Hi Naka in los angeles,

In a word - no.  I tell my patients that they can expect 85% of the result by 4-6 weeks, 95% by 3 months, and 100% by 6 months.  If you really don't see any difference at this stage I would suggest that you go back to your own plastic surgeon, explain what you're feeling and seeing, and discuss it with him or her.  There may be some photos that show at least some improvement, despite what you sense is the result (it's normal and quite common to forget, to a degree, what you looked like before).

If there's no change you can consider a secondary or revisional procedure to try to take out more.  Not anyone's first choice, but you may still be able to get the result you wanted.  Which will hopefully be the case.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Revisional Surgery after Liposuction

+2

Your should see some improvement at 6 months after liposuction.  However, your description of having some residual "lumpy" areas, may suggest that your body is still reacting to the surgery. Liposuction is more of a contouring procedure, and rarely produces much weight loss.   I would definitely follow up with your surgeon and see what your doctor thinks.  Revisional surgery may be necessary, but it may be wise to wait another 3-6 months to allow your body to completely settle down, before you decide what is best for you.  Your primary surgeon will do what's best, and will minimize additional costs, should revisional surgery be needed.  Best wishes.

Michael Vincent, MD, FACS

Michael Vincent, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Details of the operation are important on providing advice

+2

Without knowng more details such as your weight, the technique used, the amount of fat removed, it is nearly impossible to provide you with advice.

No results after liposuction

+1
I think you should go back to your surgeon and talk to them about your results. You may be still a little swollen or require a lift to get rid of excess skin (that's what it sounds like for your stomach).  

Michael Constantin Gartner, DO
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction results

+1

By 6 months you should see contour improvements. I wouldn't expect scale or clothing size decreases, liposuction is not meant for weight loss, it is so you look better in existing clothing. If you want better results, weight loss certainly would improve the situation. Mild firmness or scar tissue in the treated areas generally improves over time. Liposuction does not tighten overlying skin, if you have abdominal bulging, a history of weight fluctuation or pregnancy, a tummy tuck may be the best option to improve your contours.

Hayley Brown, MD

Not much more improvement greater than six months after liposuction

+1

The amount of improvement you still might see more than six months after liposuction is minimal if any. See your surgeon to consider a secondary procedure. How much fat was removed from each area? Were you not an ideal candidate to begin with? Do you need an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)? Can some focal areas of bulging be improved with further liposuction? These are the questions that the surgeon will be addressing in his or her mind.

Ronald Shelton, MD

At 6 months, your lipo result is done

+1

You can't expect to see any real improvement after 6 months unfortunately.  From the sound of it you might not have been a great lipo candidate in the first place.  You should meet with your doctor and discuss this all openly.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Liposuction final result seen at 4 months.

+1

Hi.

I am afraid you are looking at your final result. The good news is that revision liposuction, if skillfully done, usually works.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)