2 Months Post Op but Not Happy, When Will I See The Final Result?

I had an open rhinoplasty 2 months ago. I also had a deviated septum. Its been 9 weeks but i still think my nose looks upturned alot and there is a hump on my bridge which i hate. Will they change as the swelling goes down because even my face is still swolen.

Rhinoplasty Healing Time

2 months post -op is way to early to judge your results. Both the hump and the up-turned appearence may improve greatly over the next 6-9 months. I would wait it out before doing any revision work.

Patience after rhinoplasty

Two months is still early in the healing process. I think patience is important, as there is still considerable swelling 2 months after a rhinoplasty. If after 6 months you are still not happy, then you may want to consider letting your surgeon know so that a revision can be planned. You should wait about one year before undergoing revision surgery.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

9 weeks post rhinoplasty and still not happy

Thank you for your question!

It is understandable that you are concerned. Changes after rhinoplasties vary with every patient and what you are experiencing is normal especially that swelling takes time to subside as it masks the results of your surgery.

It is important to keep in mind that it is early to pass a judgment. Usually, a year is required before formulating how your nose will be, but longer with a thick skin. Even then, your nose will keep shaping itself to complement your face for better results in the years to come.

My best recommendation at the moment is to be patient, allow nature to take its course and edema subsides for better results. There is no doubt that once the swelling resolves, more definition and shape will be achieved and you should be happier with the results.

Also, it is important that you keep communicating with your surgeon and work as a team together to achieve the best results possible.

Congratulations on your surgery and remain positive!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS